CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm Home

The kids and I had a surprise trip to Utah this weekend. My Grandma Ashcraft passed away at the age of 97 and a half. Although we're sad she has died, we're glad that she is now in her right mind and with Grandpa again (he died 10 years ago so she's been alone for a long time). Some of you may know that my parents have been caring for her for the last 2 years and it has been quite the challenge. They were glad to do it, but the work definitely took its tole. All of my siblings except Chuck (who had just arrived back home to Alaska after a year serving in Iraq) were able to be together. It was really nice to see family and get out of the heat. I also discovered the quick way to get to Vegas and that if I have to I can drive all the way to Provo all by myself. I drove straight from here to Cedar City before stopping and then all the way to Provo. It was tough driving back even splitting it into 2 days. My cousin Melanie let me stay with her in St. George on the way home. She's such a nice cousin. I've always really liked her. This is the 2nd time she's opened her home to us and I'm so glad she's willing. I have pictures I'll post shortly of the trip.

Just a few side notes:
I love tile floor, but it's not so good of bowls (we lost 2 bowls alone yesterday)
I made a ribbon blanket today from a crafty blog I like. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I did not do the applique letter as I don't know the name of the baby this blanket is for.
Our swamp cooler is back in action AND we were able to successfully change out our locks (for those of you that don't know Stan went out the front door last week and the handle came right off. We've been having to go in and out through the garage.

Note from Israel:
Jesus wears sandals in heaven all the time because it's so hot in heaven
Question from Eliza:
Why do we have to wear heaven clothes when we die?
Julia statement was the pallbearers are carrying grandma from the funeral home:
"I poop, I poop, I poop"

No comments: