As you know I've been having a little bit of a hard time recently. One of the ways I've been staying positive is to find lots of reasons to smile each day.
in no particular order:
1. all the comment love I've recieved. I didn't even know that many people looked at the blog:)
2. My little Julia, she talks up a storm all about everything. Today she told me they learned about turtles in nursery. What do turtles do I asked? "Ribbit"
Here she is being a pirate. I couldn't resist taking the picture, but then I had to get her a different hat:)
3. being with my Stan
4. reading a good book. Right now I'm reading Inkheart. I'm going to read this aloud to Israel after I finish it. I can't believe it took me so long to crack this one open. If you haven't read it yet- I hope you do.
5. Israel being so excited about learning- he's learning to read, to ride his bike, do soduko puzzles, play the piano, AND asking lots of questions- especially about the gospel.
6. My new Bosch mixer I brought home from Utah. I've been saving up and am excited to use it tomorrow to make my bread.
7. Being with my family in Utah. The day before we came back home I read the picture book "The Relatives Came" to Eliza. It's one of my all time favorites. This time I told her we were the relatives visiting and I surprised myself with my tears as we read and laughed together.
8. Getting to climb in the Quarry again and working a fun, challenging stemming problem. I'm still thinking about that one.
9. Finishing the quilt top for my sister Michele's soon to come twins
10. Sleeping in my own bed again (after 8 days on the road)
On our trip this is the kids at Aunt Dana's house- see how Eliza and Julia are holding hands in their sleep? They're happy to be back in their own beds too.
Wildflowers Cap & A Good Retreat
10 hours ago